The Amber Room’s disappearance at the close of WWII is arguably the greatest jewel heist ever pulled off.
The world’s greatest lost treasure also said to be the one of the lost wonders of the modern world.
Before it was lost the Amber Room was sometimes dubbed as the Eighth Wonder of the World due to its uniqueness and being priceless.
Some historians, treasure hunters and mystery addicts are not sure about destruction. People have claimed it was hidden by SS in a silver mine or a lagoon, that the shipment was sunk or blown up.
Although the original room was partially restored in 20th century, it lacks the incredible splendour of the original.
Some facts about Amber Room:
• When its 565 candles were lit the Amber Room was said to glow a fiery gold.
• It contained over six tons of Ambers of hundreds of different shades.
• It is estimated to be worth around £150 million today but many consider it priceless.
Despite the Amber Room’s disappearance, the Russian Government decided it was too important to leave just a historic theft and began reconstruction of the room in 1979.
8 bit 2D Games leaking to the real world! Take a look at the list below of the 20 video games. What is your favorite?
00:04 _ Advance Wars 2
00:08 _ Metal Slug
00:12 _ Lamborghini – American Challenge
00:15 _ Godzilla – Kajuu Dai Kessen
00:20 _ Donkey Kong
00:25 _ Street Fighter II Turbo
00:28 _ Mortal Kombat 2
00:29 _ Killer Instinct
00:31 _ The King of Fighters (96)
00:33 _ Dragon Ball Z – Hyper Dimension
00:38 _ Super Mario World
00:41 _ Donkey Kong Country
00:43 _ Sonic the Hedgehog 2
00:48 _ Super Star Wars 3: Return of the Jedi
00:52 _ Indiana Jones – Greatest Adventures
00:55 _ Legend of Zelda
00:57_ Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
00:59 _ Pokemon – Black/White
01:02 _ Excite Bike
01:05 _ Super Mario Kart
- Thank you. We’re all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
- The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.
- I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.
- Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
- I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don’t care.
- I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
- What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?
- I’m not being rude. You’re just insignificant.
- I’m already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
- I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
- It’s a thankless job, but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off.
- Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
- No, my powers can only be used for good.
- How about never? Is never good for you?
- I’m really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.
- You sound reasonable…Time to up my medication.
- I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter.
- I’m out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message…
- I don’t work here. I’m a consultant.
- Who me? I just wander from room to room.
- My toys! My toys! I can’t do this job without my toys!
- It might look like I’m doing nothing, but at the cellular level I’m really quite busy.
- At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
- You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
- I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
- Someday, we’ll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.